Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I am a Butterfly

I am beautiful and I'm not vain (most of the time). That is not something that I would have ever said about myself before this last year. I didn't think I was ugly, just normal and average. I AM beautiful and I always have been. My husband has known it all along. It's a confidence that I've never had before and I love it. I think the biggest change in me is my drive to finally take care of my body, but I should have had more confidence all along. The best part: my daughter will hear what I love about my body and not what I hate. We talk about healthy foods and unhealthy foods and how moderation is the key to all food. We talk about excercise and why it's important. I hope she will have the confidence that I lacked in school. I now not only tell her that she is beautiful, but that mommy is too. I think that's important for a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment